Tuesday, September 3, 2013

For my Math Class

I am so thankful to have your student in my math class. We are going to have a great time working together. Our third graders will be changing teachers and math groups throughout the year, but I am so glad that your student gets to start with me. We will have homework Mon-Thurs either from our homework book (student will tear it out and place in their HW folder) or a provided worksheet. Your student needs to complete the “Homework” side of the worksheets from the book and the “Remembering” side is a review. Completing the review side is optional but VERY recommended. If your student has spent a longer than usual amount of time (more than 30 minutes) on the remembering side then please do not make them do the back, but like I said it is a great review to keep previously learned skills fresh in our minds. That being said, we do not teach all the lessons in the book therefore some of the remembering problems could be from lessons that we have not covered… I will try and remind your student of these problems, but wanted to make sure you know they it may be unfamiliar to them.

If you have to help your student on several question please write a note on the homework sheet to let me know… when I see completed and correct homework I assume your student is understanding the material and I will move on. They will receive full credit for doing their homework with or without help so please help in any way that you can and let me know if you do. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at cpyburn@wcpss.net. Thank you for your support at home.

Carol Ann Pyburn

No comments:

Post a Comment