Monday, August 26, 2013

A little information about Ms. Pyburn

Dear Parents and Students,

Hi everyone! I hope you are ready for an exciting year in 3rd grade. This is my third year teaching 3rd grade at Douglas Elementary. I cannot wait to get to know all my students and parents this year.

Here is a little information about me: My undergraduate degree was from Meredith College in Psychology. I then traveled to Los Angeles, CA to gain my Master’s in Psychology at Pepperdine University. A few years ago I completed the MAT (Master’s of Arts in Teaching) at N.C. State. During my studies at Meredith and Pepperdine I worked with children with autism. Upon returning to NC from CA, I continued my work with children with autism at the Mariposa School. Besides living in CA for school, I am a Raleigh native. I personally attended a magnet elementary school (Washington) and middle school (Martin) and finished high school at Broughton.

I personally love to travel, go to the beach, watch movies, go hiking, spend time with friends, and play with my cat Bob. My family lives in Raleigh and we spend lots of time together. My mom is even a retired (just this year) 4th grade teacher!!

I cannot wait for this year to get going and I am looking forward to getting to know each of you!

Your 3rd grade teacher,
Carol Ann Pyburn

No comments:

Post a Comment